Revit Building Designer



JOB TITLE: Revit / CAD Technician

DEPARTMENT: Design Services

REPORTS TO: Operations Manager

A rare and unique opportunity is currently available with Transcon Steel. To support our current international growth, we are seeking a full-time Revit designer that has a diverse background in building modeling (BIM), structural engineering and shop drawing creation using cold formed steel framing systems.

If you have an entrepreneurial spirit and vision, your early involvement will contribute and shape our domestic and international growth and long term business management. If you’re a high energy, problem-solving individual that actively seeks to learn and develop new skill sets, your vision and talent will be instrumental in shaping Transcon Steel’s future.

Exposure to approximately 50+ projects per year from military, commercial, hotels, schools, residential, modular buildings, and a diverse group of other buildings. Design work is for both domestic and international projects which will require research of local construction practices per each county. Design work includes: cold formed steel wall, floor and roof systems, metal truss design, insulated panels, structural steel and connection detailing. Overall, creating pre-fabricated modular structures utilizing building technologies that support environmental sustainability goals.

You will be in direct contact with staff members, clients, engineers, architects, and builders to coordinate the overall structural design of the building; effectively generating the “X-Ray” plan of the framed structure. Written and oral communication skills must be excellent.

Daily activities will also include project meetings, creating design, fabrication and field documents, generating Bill of Materials, estimating, construction consultation, and project related travel.

An understanding of general structural engineering principals is required (i.e. material sizing, wind and snow loads, live and dead loads and connection details).

PRINCIPLE PURPOSE OF JOB:
Create shop drawings using Revit for commercial and residential buildings under guidance of company management using standard manual and computer drafting instruments.

LEVEL OF AUTHORITY:
Performs work under close supervision, particularly when the assignment is new or complex. As more experience is acquired, performs routine work in accordance with established and well-known procedures with moderate supervision while in progress and with review of completed assignments.

WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Approximately 90% of work is performed on premise indoors. The remaining 10% involves travel to client offices or jobsite visits.

ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Create Revit models of buildings for generation of shop drawings.
2. Organize, compile, compute and record a variety of data required by the production department and jobsite framing crew.
3. Phone, copies, miscellaneous errands, and assist in plant tours and meetings if applicable.

QUALIFICATIONS AND CAPABILITIES:
1. Must have advanced knowledge of how to read architectural plans, follow project specifications, and communicate framing concepts on shop drawings.
2. Must have Minimum two (2) years’ experience with AutoCAD 2009 and Revit Structure 2010 to present. Microsoft Applications – Excel, Word, Outlook, MS Project, Peripheral devices, Printers and Plotters, Personal Computers.
3. Must have ability to perform general math calculations including fractions.
4. Must have Construction experience (commercial and or residential). One year minimum with knowledge of structural light gauge steel framing. General knowledge of construction practices for Foundations, Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing and Finishes. In-depth knowledge of building materials assembly and Reading Engineering Tables.
5. Prefer candidates that have prior work with creating wood or metal shop drawings for wall, floor, rafter, and truss layouts.

Supervisory Experience Required: No
Shift: Days (First) Duration: Regular
Workweek: Full Time – 30 hours or more per week
Additional Workweek Details:
Typical work week comprises of creating fabrication and jobsite documents for commercial and residential structures, creating modular buildings and renderings for marketing activities, assisting in the design of manufacturing equipment, web conferencing with domestic and international clients and preparing pre-production and pre-order documentation.
Benefits: Life Insurance – Professional Development / Tuition Reimbursement – Optional Vision & Dental
Language: English; Fluency – Excellent (Read, Write Speak)

Please submit your information to Jobs@TransconSteel.com
You will be contacted if your skills meet the required qualifications necessary for the position.